Apple iPhone 6 VS Apple iPhone 6S VS Apple iPhone 6 Plus VS Apple iPhone 6S Plus VS Apple iPhone 7 VS Apple iPhone 7 Plus
Apple had finally launched the much awaited Apple iPhone 7 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus . Somehow the rumors of these smartphone not have the 3.5 mm head phone jack turned out to be true. You can read in detail about iPhone 7 here .
Considering the change in looks , there is not much to discuss apart from the fact that the head phone jack has been removed, and the antenna’s position has been changed. Apple iPhone 7 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus now comes in two new colors : Black and Jet Black ( OK! That’s not new to others )
The following features differ Apple iPhone 7 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus from there predecessor :
- Operating System: Apple iPhone 6S and 6S plus were having iOS 9 as their OS, which can be upgraded to iOS 9.3.5 and then to iOS 10 , where as the Apple iPhones 7 and 7 plus will come with iOS 10 which will make it approximately 2X much faster then the iPhone 6S.
- Camera : Apple iPhone 7 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus have the same 12 MP camera with a wider f/1.8 aperture . The only difference between iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is that iPhone 7 Plus has dual 12MP camera. Apple has claimed that the new camera is 60% faster and 30 % more energy efficient than the previous one placed in the iPhone 6S. A 7 MP front camera is placed in the new iPhones in comparison to the 5 MP camera in the iPhone 6S.
- Airpods :Apple wants world to move towards wireless audio, so this time Apple introduced wireless earphones called Airpods. Airpods are two buds that fit into ears and hang in there.They come with build in microphone for calling purpose and infrared sensors that play music when inserted into the ears. A Apple-built W1 wireless chip connects Airpods with all the Apple devices.
- Stereo speakers: For the first time , Apple has introduced the Stereo speakers in its new smartphones. The stereo speakers are placed at the bottom panel and they produces 2X more volume and better audio range than the speakers in the iPhone 6S.
- Water and dust resistant : Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus are the first Apple smartphone to be water and dust resistant. The smartphones are certified as IP67, which means the smartphones can last in 1 meter of water for upto 30 minutes. Even though it is water resistant , Apple warrant does not cover any liquid damage.
- Storage: Apple has abolished the 16 GB base option in Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, so the new lowest storage option is 32 GB. The 64 GB has also been killed off so after the 32 GB a user has to opt for 128 GB. The highest storage available in the new iPhones will be 256 GB so a user has 3 storage options in the new iPhones that is 32 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB.
- 3.5mm Jack Missing: Yes, this is true. Apple has removed 3.5 mm audio jack from Apple iPhone 7 . Now the lightening port will used to play audio .
Rest technical specification difference is give below:
Please check the difference in Landscape Mode if you are accessing it from mobile
|Features||Apple iPhone 6||Apple iPhone 6 Plus||Apple iPhone 6S||Apple iPhone 6S Plus||Apple iPhone 7||Apple iPhone 7 Plus|
|Connectivity||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0|
|Special:||Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot||2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0||Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot||Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot||Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot||Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot|
|Dimension:||138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm||158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm||138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm||158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm||138.3 X 67.1 X7.1 mm||158.2 X 77.9 X7.3 mm|
|Weight||129g||172 g||143 g||192 g||138g||188g|
|CPU:||Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone||Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone||Dual Core Processor 2.2 GHz:||Dual Core Processor 2 GHz:||Quad Core 2.23 GHz||Quad Core 2.23 GHz|
|Chipset : Apple A8 ,64-bit Architecture||Chipset : Apple A8 ,64-bit Architecture||Apple A9 3rd Gen 64-bit||Apple A9, 3rd Gen , 64-bit||Apple A10, 4rd Gen||Apple A10, 4rd Gen|
|Memory||Internal: 16/64/128GB Expandable :NO||Internal: 16/64/128GB Expandable :NO||Internal: 16/64GB/128GB Expandable :NO||Internal: 16/64GB/128GB Expandable : NO||Internal: 32/128GB/256GB Expandable : NO||Internal: 32/128GB/256GB Expandable : NO|
|Display||4.7 inch, Retina HD Display , with capacitive panel and with around 326 ppi (pixel Density )||5.5 inch, Retina HD Display , with capacitive panel and with around 326 ppi (pixel Density )||4.7 LED Backlit IPS display,Capacitive touch , 326ppi with 3D touch to Zoom||5.5 LED Backlit IPS display,Capacitive touch , 401ppi along with 3D touch to zoom||4.7 LED Backlit IPS display,Capacitive touch , 326ppi with 3D touch to Zoom||5.5 LED Backlit IPS display,Capacitive touch , 401ppi along with 3D touch to zoom|
|Camera (primary)||8MP,,auto focus ,LED flash||8MP,auto focus ,LED flash||12MP, autofocus ,LED Flash||12MP, autofocus ,LED Flash||12MP, autofocus ,LED Flash||Dual 12MP, autofocus ,LED Flash|
|Operating System||Apple iOS 8||Apple iOS 8||Apple iOS 9.0||Apple iOS 9.0||Apple iOS 10||Apple iOS 10|
|Battery||1810mAh( Non- Removable)||2915mAh( Non- Removable)||1810mAh( Non Removable )||2915mAh( Non Removable )||NA( Non Removable) But as per Apple , better battery life||NA( Non Removable) But as per Apple , better battery life|
|Launch Date||14-Sep||14-Sep||Launched :9 September 2015||Launched :9 September 2015||Launched : 7 September 2016||Launched : 7 September 2016|
|Release Date||14-Sep||14-Sep||Launched :25 September 2015||Launched :25 September 2015||Launched : 15 September 2016||Launched : 15 September 2016|
|India Launch Date -: 16th October 2015||India Launch Date -: 16th October 2015||India Launch Date -: 7th October 2016||India Launch Date -: 7th October 2016|
|Price/Cost||US $199 at contracted price for 2 Years (16GB model)||US $299 at contracted price for 2 Years (16GB model)||100$ more expensive than iPhone 6S for each model|
|16 GB: $649
6128GB:$849 Unlocked Version4 GB: $749
|32 GB: $649 , 128 GB: $749 and the 256 GB : $849.||32 GB : $769, 128 GB :$879 and the 256 GB : $979.|
So the question that arises here is shall I upgrade to iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus?
We will provide you an update on this as soon as possible.
Read about last year’s launch below:
Finally Apple had launched the much awaited Apple iPhone 6S series ,Apple iPhone 6S and Apple iPhone 6S Plus . Please read the detailed information of Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus here.
Look wise there is not much difference between the new iPhone and that which were launched last year. Functionality difference is there which is not present in the older iPhone such as :
- 3D Touch : This feature is mainly used in iPhone for peek , pop and swiping between apps. Sensors are embedded in the display which can provide details of how hard you press by measuring the distance between screen cover and display panel. The swiping between apps felt more realistic than ever ,which can also be used along with the home button.
- The Apple A9 Chipset : Apple iPhone 6S series uses the latest 3rd Generation 64 bit Apple A9 chipset . One of the best ever created by Apple . As per Apple’s stats , this chipset is 70% faster than the Apple A8 CPU performance wise and 90% faster than A8 in graphic performance wise . The M9 motion processor is now inbuilt with the A9 rather than being separate in A8.
- Colours and make : Apple iPhone 6S series comes in four colors : Silver , Gold , Space Grey and Rose Gold . The make of this iPhone uses Apple custom alloy of 7000 Series of Aluminum which is used in airplanes. Apple iPhone 6S comes with a display of 4.7 inches and iPhone 6S Plus comes with a display of 5.5 inches ,as stated look wise and display wise no such changes were made by Apple .
- Live Photos Feature:Live photo features is another amazing feature introduced with this phone . You can click on the photo and there will be motion and sound of that the time with the photo was being snapped . To remind you , Apple people still call it to be “pictures”. While clicking the pictures , moments of seconds ahead and seconds later is captured by iPhone by default , and while rolling through the there would be motion in the picture, which would make these photo lively .
- Camera: Apple has done a lot of work in this time in its camera , and has added all new 12 MP iSight Camera along with flash rather than the usual of 8MP camera that the previous iPhone’s had . This camera has now a new feature to record HD as well as 4K videos . Every frame in the 4K video has 8 million pixel and the clarity is just amazing.It also consist of a front 5MP Face Time HD camera . Apple thought of introducing the front flash , but then they realized that they already have retina display installed in the screen .
- Wider LTE Support and Faster Wifi : It supports wider LTE Bands, and has a faster Wifi . It comes with iOS 9 pre installed and Apple has launched a new app in the Google play store to allow easy migration of Android users to iPhone
So the question that arises here is shall I upgrade to iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus?
As a fact, iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus are amazing smartphones, but people might not agree. People might think that these features are also present in the other smartphones except for the 3D touch feature and at a much cheaper price. Well that is correct, but you might know how those smartphones end up, either there is no further OS upgrade or lagging and hanging issue arises. Some of the smartphone manufacturers now provide guaranteed OS upgrade for two years, and their hardware is also future proof so that no lagging occurs and those are the smartphones that you should be comparing with iPhone 6S. In case you own such a device which has guaranteed OS update till 2016 or 2017, a future-proof hardware and you are not willing to shell out $1000 for another smartphone then it is not advisable to buy iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus , this also includes the fact if you own an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S , it is not advisable to upgrade , unless and until you are a very big fan of Apple product and can shell out more $1000 USD for the upgrade (then please donate some money to us also(contact us at email@example.com), we need it to pay our writers :P)
Apart from that if you are seriously planning for an upgrade and have sufficient money to shell out that much money then you should go for it , but if you are hesitant a little bit then try investing that money somewhere else.
Till then enjoy reading articles in ipos7.com
Picture Credit : GSM Arena